Objectives & criteria
Ensure a consistent, coordinated approach and provide clarity to event organisers:
- Allow for a cross-section of events.
- Ensure liaison between relevant land and water managers.
- Ensure consistent application of the criteria to be demonstrated by event organisers.
- Apply expression of interest and event application form consistently.
Objectives and criteria for consideration of events
Mitigate risks to the safety of event participants and spectators
- Event proposals must identify all safety issues and propose appropriate management strategies, consistent with Australian Standards, to mitigate risks to the safety of participants, spectators and other users.
Ensure protection of bay and river values
- Proposed events must seek to protect identified values and beneficial uses (i.e. environmental, recreational, commercial, water supply, other commercial purposes) in line with relevant legislation, the State Environments Protection Policy for the Waters of Victoria (including Schedule F7 - Waters of Yarra Catchment , Port Phillip and Western Port ).
Promote quality tourism / recreation experiences
- Event proposals must be consistent with bays and waterway tourism and recreation objectives.
- Event proposals must be consistent with broader State Government tourism objectives, including Parks Victoria's Healthy Parks Healthy People.
Events to be consistent with the venues’ physical capacity
- Size and scale of events must be consistent with bay and river tourism and recreational objectives.
- Event proposals must demonstrate that they have made all reasonable efforts to accommodate and/or reduce impacts to other bay and waterway users and recognise users with commercial interests.
- Event proposals must demonstrate how they plan to reduce adverse social impacts such as noise, odour, crowding, unsightly infrastructure, and vandalism.
Recognise the constraints within the Commercial Port Zones
- Event proposals must not interfere with port-related activities in the Port Zones.
17 Jul 2014
Parks Victoria Ranger Shane Reger has been providing hands on working experience for TAFE and University students for nearly twelve years. Over that time he’s shown hundreds of young people how to put into practice what they’re learning in the classroom. This time the lucky group were three students doing…
24 Aug 2014 10:00am-11:00am
Take a journey of discovery along the Fosters Gully Nature Walk where the forests and undergrowth provide food and shelter for many species of birds and animals. If you are quiet you may be able to see and hear many of the species of wildlife that live in the park.…
30 Aug 2014 8:00am-9:00am
parkrun is free, weekly, 5km timed run that is open to everyone - walkers, runners, families and dogs are all welcome! Westerfolds parkrun occurs every Saturday morning. We're based near the main carpark off the Fitzsimons Lane entrance, and the course is run entirely on sealed paths within the park.
31 Aug 2014 9:30am-10:20am
A superb loop walk that winds through woodland, wet heathland & along boardwalks. Along the way you will encounter a variety of flora including hakeas, wattles, tea-trees, mistletoe, swamp bush pea and button grass. This guided walk is run by Friends of Bunyip State Park.
1 Sep 2014 8:30am - 4 Sep 2014 5:30pm
We will take you behind the scenes on this exclusive, small group adventure as you work alongside a Parks Victoria Ranger to 'track and protect' the elusive Brush-tailed Phascogales, which are on Victoria's threatened species list. You will sample some of the region's best wines, see ancient Aboriginal rock art…