Objectives & criteria
Ensure a consistent, coordinated approach and provide clarity to event organisers:
- Allow for a cross-section of events.
- Ensure liaison between relevant land and water managers.
- Ensure consistent application of the criteria to be demonstrated by event organisers.
- Apply expression of interest and event application form consistently.
Objectives and criteria for consideration of events
Mitigate risks to the safety of event participants and spectators
- Event proposals must identify all safety issues and propose appropriate management strategies, consistent with Australian Standards, to mitigate risks to the safety of participants, spectators and other users.
Ensure protection of bay and river values
- Proposed events must seek to protect identified values and beneficial uses (i.e. environmental, recreational, commercial, water supply, other commercial purposes) in line with relevant legislation, the State Environments Protection Policy for the Waters of Victoria (including Schedule F7 - Waters of Yarra Catchment , Port Phillip and Western Port ).
Promote quality tourism / recreation experiences
- Event proposals must be consistent with bays and waterway tourism and recreation objectives.
- Event proposals must be consistent with broader State Government tourism objectives, including Parks Victoria's Healthy Parks Healthy People.
Events to be consistent with the venues’ physical capacity
- Size and scale of events must be consistent with bay and river tourism and recreational objectives.
- Event proposals must demonstrate that they have made all reasonable efforts to accommodate and/or reduce impacts to other bay and waterway users and recognise users with commercial interests.
- Event proposals must demonstrate how they plan to reduce adverse social impacts such as noise, odour, crowding, unsightly infrastructure, and vandalism.
Recognise the constraints within the Commercial Port Zones
- Event proposals must not interfere with port-related activities in the Port Zones.
12 Nov 2013
In preparation for the opening of the seasonal road closures, Parks Victoria staff along with fourteen members of the Mansfield Alpine Four Wheel Drive Club spent the past weekend clearing tracks in the Alpine National Park. A wild winter had taken its toll on tracks throughout the park with many…
15 Nov 2013 7:00pm - 2 Mar 2014 9:00pm
Fun, low key club mountain bike racing held on Friday nights over the Summer
7 Dec 2013 9:00am-12:00pm
Mountain bike race starting at Kurrajong Picnic Ground. Suitable for novice & junior MTB racers.
11 Dec 2013 6:00pm-8:00pm
Festive season has arrived! Why not kick off summer with family, friends and colleagues by signing up to Emma & Tom's annual Christmas Run? Put the stress of Christmas shopping aside to enjoy a fun afternoon by Albert Part Lake. Don't forget to bring your picnic blanket along with some…
11 Dec 2013 8:15pm-9:15pm
The bat count is held once a month at dusk when the whole colony of 10,000 -20,000 bats fly out to feed around Melbourne’s suburbs. New counters are very welcome and much appreciated. Experience is not necessary as training is provided on the night. Wear comfortable shoes for walking, dress…
It's a beautiful day at Braeside Park. This photo of the native wild parsnip bus...It's a beautiful day at Braeside Park. This photo of the native wild parsnip bush in flower in the heathland conservation area was taken earlier today. The area was burnt two years ago in an ecological burn and is looking magnificent.View post | Fri, 06 Dec 2013 14.46
A sincere thank you goes out to all of the dedicated volunteers who contribute t...A sincere thank you goes out to all of the dedicated volunteers who contribute their time and effort to the conservation of parks, gardens, rivers, caves and oceans around Victoria. We couldn’t do it without you. Happy International Volunteers Day.View post | Thu, 05 Dec 2013 12.03
Back from the Alpine National Park Bioscan - find out more about what it was lik...Back from the Alpine National Park Bioscan - find out more about what it was like in the field from ABC Rural | Bush Telegraph.Wildlife survey uncovers unique alpine creatureswww.abc.net.auCrayfish underneath alpine bogs, small mammals breeding themselves to death and native bees building a chimney can all be found in Australia's unique alpine environment.View post | Wed, 04 Dec 2013 15.29
If you’re looking for something a little different to do this Saturday 7 Decembe...If you’re looking for something a little different to do this Saturday 7 December then why not pack a picnic dinner, grab some chairs and bring the family to Days Mill Historic Farm, located at Days Road in Murchison, for a free movie night. Part of Activities in the Park, a series of free events that Parks Victoria runs in partnership with Greater Shepparton City Council from November till March 2014, the entertainment starts at 7.30pm with the Christmas themed movie ELF starring Will Farrell. For more information: http://bit.ly/1jiyOpJ Hope to see you there - Ranger Drue!View post | Wed, 04 Dec 2013 10.04
One of Victoria’s icon walks, the Falls to Hotham Alpine Crossing was officially...One of Victoria’s icon walks, the Falls to Hotham Alpine Crossing was officially launched last weekend. This 37km 3 day/2 nights walk links the resort villages of Falls Creek and Mt Hotham in the Alpine National Park. For further information visit our website: http://bit.ly/IHQaPaView post | Tue, 03 Dec 2013 16.18