Science and adaptive management
Adaptive management provides a structured approach to inform park management decisions in times of uncertainty.
Natural systems are complex and there will always be information gaps and uncertainty.
Adaptive management is based on the following principles:
- Objectives for parks must be clearly defined
- Management responses must be measured against those objectives
- Further management responses are adjusted to incorporate evaluation and feedback.
Parks Victoria’s adaptive management framework has five clear stages:
- Set the context - define the important assets and threats
- Plan - set measurable goals and objectives to direct management strategies
- Implement management and monitoring programs
- Evaluate - analyse and apply the information collected
- Communicate - share the information and learn from the experiences.
24 Nov 2014 8:00am - 27 Nov 2014 6:00pm
Support the recovery of native mammals, birds and reptiles through hands-on conservation on the Glenelg Ark project. Experience the best that South-west Victoria has to offer, including the magnificent Cape Nelson Lighthouse, volcanic features of Tower Hill Wildlife Reserve, picturesque surrounds of Cape Bridgewater, and one of Australia’s largest Fur…
28 Nov 2014 7:00pm-8:30pm
Fun, low key Mountain Bike racing suitable for beginner racers and juniors (13yrs and over)
29 Nov 2014 8:00am-9:00am
parkrun is free, weekly, 5km timed run that is open to everyone - walkers, runners, families and dogs are all welcome! Westerfolds parkrun occurs every Saturday morning. We're based near the main carpark off the Fitzsimons Lane entrance, and the course is run entirely on sealed paths within the park.
30 Nov 2014 9:00am-2:00pm
Located in one of the Victoria's most picturesque settings, Point Nepean near Portsea. Soak in the exceptional atmosphere and regenerate your senses at this delightful market that specialises on local produce and home made wares. There is something for everyone from old world to modern contemporary, a labyrinth of unique…