Science and adaptive management
Adaptive management provides a structured approach to inform park management decisions in times of uncertainty.
Natural systems are complex and there will always be information gaps and uncertainty.
Adaptive management is based on the following principles:
- Objectives for parks must be clearly defined
- Management responses must be measured against those objectives
- Further management responses are adjusted to incorporate evaluation and feedback.
Parks Victoria’s adaptive management framework has five clear stages:
- Set the context - define the important assets and threats
- Plan - set measurable goals and objectives to direct management strategies
- Implement management and monitoring programs
- Evaluate - analyse and apply the information collected
- Communicate - share the information and learn from the experiences.
13 Jan 2015
Two tiny bugs are the latest weapons being used to control English Broom in the Victorian Alps, and thanks to a workshop held recently at Omeo, local Landcare groups and government agencies are now helping with their distribution. Broom seed-feeding beetles and Broom gall mites, also known as bio-agents, will…
6 Feb 2015 7:00pm-11:00pm
Fun, low key Mountain Bike racing suitable for all MTB racers and and special 1 & 2hr events for juniors (12yrs and over). Lights are mandatory for the 2hr & 3hr events.
15 Feb 2015 10:00am-3:00pm
Tour the heritage orchard at Werribee Park, and see how it has improved since its state of neglect five years ago. Watch tree-grafting demonstrations Buy heritage fruit trees Talk to experts in gardening and fruit growing Eat, drink and be merry – the CWA will be preparing food and drinks…
22 Feb 2015 10:00am-6:30pm
On Sunday, 22 February 2015 the City of Wyndham will host an outstanding line up of musical talent for Live on the Lawn at Werribee Park. The event will feature the talents of renowned country musicians - including Golden Guitarist Lee Kernaghan, singer-songwriter-story teller Kasey Chambers, singer-songwriter Adam Brand and…
15 Mar 2015 11:00am-5:00pm
Fromage a Trois – Cheese and Cider Festival will showcase Australian Speciality cheese and cider makers, together with compliment products, set within the spectacular grounds of Werribee park. Visitors will be able to sample, experience and purchase produce while enjoying relaxing music from the main stage.