Parks around Melbourne
There are plenty of parks around Melbourne that have good access and toilets for all abilities including:
- Albert Park, Only 3km from the city - Albert Park features a picturesque lake, BBQ and picnic facilities, and an all-abilities Liberty Swing in the playground.
- Jells Park, Waverly Road, Wheelers Hill - Explore the nine kilometres of paths and trails that weave around 127 hectares of wide open spaces and the lake in this popular park.
- Serendip Sanctuary, Windermere Road, Lara - A wildlife oasis in the Western Volcanic Plains, this 250 hectare sanctuary is home to a rich array of birds and mammals.
- Wattle Park, Riversdale Road, Burwood - The huge gum trees, wattles, seasonal wildflowers and ponds in Wattle Park make this a great escape within the suburbs.
- Karkarook Park, Warrigal Road, Heatherton - Enjoy the accessible Wetlands Trail, the 15 hectare lake, birdlife and natural surrounds.
- Braeside Park, Lower Dandenong Road, Braeside - Nestled amongst a large expanse of native trees and plants, this park has many wonderful places to explore, including the wetlands and an adventure playground with disabled access.