Parks Victoria runs a work experience program for secondary school students over 15 years of age. The program runs from 15 May to 30 November. We welcome the opportunity to educate students on the work we do and to assist school students in making more informed career choices.
Work experience is an arrangement that exists between schools and Parks Victoria and we ensure that we comply with all relevant legislation when implementing such arrangements.
- For placements between 15 May and 30 August 2019, applications open 1 January and close on 1 March 2019.
- For placements between 1 September and 30 November 2019, applications open 1 May and close 15 June 2019.
To be eligible:
- You must be over 15 years of age
- Work experience is a requirement of your school studies
- Specific dates of when you want to do work experience are included in your application
- Students must have completed an Occupational Health and Safety program: safe@work or A Job Well Done before they commence and will be requested to provide a certificate of completion.
Please note: Parks Victoria cannot guarantee placements and recommends that students submit work experience applications with other organisations also.
Please refer to this list of work centres to help you decide where you would like to do work experience.
How to apply?
The application form will be available on 1 May 2019.