Tenders and notices
Declaration of boating activity exemption and exclusion zone - Wyndham Offshore Challenge 2018
Wednesday 24 October, 2018
DECLARATION OF BOATING ACTIVITY EXEMPTION
I, Graeme Davis, District Manager – Port Phillip Western Port, Marine & Maritime Region, as delegate of Parks Victoria, the waterway manager for the Local Port of Port Phillip, declare under section 203(3) of the Marine Safety Act 2010 (Vic) that persons and vessels involved in the Wyndham Offshore Challenge 2018 are exempt as follows:
State Rules made under the Marine Act 1988
- Clause 2(a) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 metres of a person in the water – applies to rescue vessels;
- Clause 2(c) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 metres of another vessel – applies to competing vessels and rescue vessels.
Subject to the conditions detailed below:
- Masters of rescue vessels are only exempt from items 1 and 2 when undertaking a rescue operation to retrieve a person in distress, provide for their initial medical or other needs and deliver them to a place of safety on shore.
- Masters of competing vessels are only exempt from item 2 for the duration of the events.
- All participants on vessels involved with the event must wear a personal flotation device at all times during the event, excluding rescue divers.
- The exemptions will be automatically suspended and the race either stopped or postponed in the instance that swimmers or vessels not associated with the event enter the course area.
- These exemptions apply between the hours of 12:00pm and 1:00pm on 11 November 2018, to the persons and vessels registered to participate in the Wyndham Offshore Challenge within the exclusion zone waters approximately 300 metres offshore of Wyndham Cove, provided the stated safety controls and undertakings detailed in the application form and associated documentation are adhered to.
District Manager – Port Phillip Western Port
Marine Safety Act 2010
NOTICE OF BOATING ACTIVITY EXCLUSION ZONE
I, Graeme Davis, District Manager – Port Phillip Western Port, Marine and Maritime Region, as delegate of Parks Victoria, the waterway manager for the Local Port of Port Phillip and Western Port hereby give notice under section 208(2) of the Marine Safety Act 2010 (Vic) that persons and vessels not involved in the Wyndham Offshore Challenge 2018 are prohibited from entering and remaining in the waters approximately 300 metres offshore of Wyndham Cove bound by the following points marked by buoys:
- 37 °58.107' S, 144 °42.647' E
- 37°57.475' S, 144°43.790' E
- 37°57.556' S, 144°44.895' E
- 37°58.005' S, 144°43.002' E
- 37°58.192' S, 144°42.717' E
The exclusion zone takes effect between 11.30 am to 1.30 pm on Sunday 11 November 2018.
District Manager, Port Phillip Western Port