Tenders and notices
Declaration of boating activity exemption - Carrum Regatta
Friday 23 November, 2018
DECLARATION OF BOATING ACTIVITY EXEMPTION
Parks Victoria as the declared waterway manager for the Patterson River, upstream of the Nepean Highway Bridge to Eumemmering Creek (including the National Water Sports Centre) makes the following declaration under section 203(3) of the Marine Safety Act 2010 (Vic).
For the purposes of boating activity conducted by the Seacraft Syndicate Boat Owners Club Inc., persons and vessels involved in the Carrum Regatta events on 2 December 2018 and 17 March 2019 at the National Water Sports Centre, are exempt from the following requirements:
State Rules made under the Marine Act 1988
- Clause 2(c) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 metres of another vessel – applies to competing vessels and rescue vessels;
- Clause 3(a) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 metres of the waters’ edge – applies to competing vessels and rescue vessels.
Subject to the conditions detailed below:
- Masters of competing vessels are only exempt from items 1 and 2 for the duration of the events, provided they do not exceed 5 knots within 30 metres of another competing vessel or their skier or the waters’ edge.
- Masters of rescue vessels are only exempt from items 1 and 2 when undertaking a rescue operation to retrieve persons in distress, provide for their initial medical or other needs and deliver them to a place of safety on shore.
- Occupants of powered vessels used in conjunction with the event must wear a person flotation device at all times during the event.
- These exemptions apply from 8:30am to 5:30pm on 2 December 2018 and 17 March 2019 to persons and vessels participating in the Seacraft Syndicate Boat Owners Club Carrum Regatta events on the waters of the National Water Sports Centre, provided the stated safety controls and undertakings detailed in the application form and associated documentation are adhered to.
BY ORDER OF PARKS VICTORIA