Change of conditionsAdd change of condition
- River closures and events at Yarra River, Friday 15 March, 2019
- Notice to river users - notification of proposed event at Yarra River, Thursday 28 February, 2019
- Notice to river users regarding the closures relating to Moomba Masters 2019 at Yarra River, Thursday 28 February, 2019
- A floating section of the Main Yarra Trail approximately 200 metres upstream of Church Street has been damaged. Please be aware of the change of surface conditions and narrowed path. When riding, please ride to the conditions and reduce speed. at Yarra River, Wednesday 6 February, 2019
- Notice to river users regarding non-operational lateral navigation lights at Victoria Harbour. at Yarra River, Friday 19 October, 2018
- Notice to River Users regarding North Wharf construction works from 26 October 2017 to 31 January 2019. at Yarra River, Thursday 26 October, 2017
Board one of the many river craft at Southgate or Princes Walk or travel along the Yarra in your own boat to visit attractions such as Melbourne Park for the Australian Tennis Open, the Royal Botanical Gardens and Herring Island Park. The Yarra River is now the undisputed social heart of marvellous Melbourne.
A Melbourne icon, the river is the focus for numerous spectacular events including the famous Moomba festival, rowing regattas, the Melbourne Festival and Dragon Boat Festivals.
The Yarra River offers a multitude of picturesque settings. The banks of the river have a number of barbecue and picnic facilities, fishing platforms and jettys. In addition, there are trails and paths which cater for cyclists, walkers and joggers.
Aboriginal Traditional Owners
Parks Victoria acknowledges the Aboriginal Traditional Owners of Victoria - including its parks and reserves. Through their cultural traditions, Aboriginal people maintain their connection to their ancestral lands and waters. Further information is available from Aboriginal Affairs Victoria AAV and Native Title Services Victoria