Safety and regulations
- All the plants and animals in the park are protected. Leave the park as you find it.
- Place your rubbish in the bins provided.
- Do not feed the birds.
- Vehicles are not permitted on the ovals or grassed areas at any time.
- Camping is not permitted.
- Golf is permitted only within the golf course and the golf driving range.
- Unless in a designated off-leash area, dogs must be controlled on a leash at all times.
- In the off-leash area, dogs must be under effective voice control at all times.
- Clean up after your dog and dispose of the waste in a park bin.
- This park has been assessed to have a low level of bushfire risk and will remain open on days of Code Red Fire Danger Rating.
- For more information on the location of parks within Bureau of Meteorology forecast districts and closures on days of forecast Code Red Fire Danger Rating, click here.
- Fires (including barbecues) must not be lit on days of Total Fire Ban. For more information about Total Fire Bans visit the CFA website.
Public holiday liquor bans
For the purpose of public safety - Under Regulation 41 (3) of the Crown Land (Reserves) (Albert Park Reserve and Albert Reserve) Regulations 2008 the Chief Executive Officer of Parks Victoria, as delegate of the Committee of Management has determined that, possession of liquor is prohibited from 12am on Public Holidays and specified days (see list below) until 12noon the following day.
Public Holidays and specified days on which liquor bans apply include:
- 31 December (New Year’s Eve)
- 1 January (New Year’s Day)
- 26 January (Australia Day)
- 27 January (Day after Australia Day)
- Labour Day
- Good Friday
- Saturday before Easter Sunday
- Easter Sunday
- Easter Monday
- 25 April (ANZAC Day)
- Friday before AFL Grand Final
- 25 December (Christmas Day)
- 26 December (Boxing Day)
The consumption or possession of liquor in an sealed or unsealed container in or at a public place, or in or on a vehicle in a public space is prohibited.
Leased premises operating under an approved liquor licence and areas where events are operating under a Parks Victoria event permit and the supply of liquor is specifically permitted under that permit are exempt.
The possession and carriage of liquor in a sealed container is permitted in vehicles transiting through Albert Park, for the purpose of carrying liquor to leased tenanted premises operating under an approved Liquor Licence or an event approved by Parks Victoria or agreed areas operated by an approved Licenced Tour Operator.
For further information about liquor bans in Albert Park Reserve please contact Parks Victoria on 13 1963 or refer to signage on site.