Bring a picnic and use the free electric barbecues or bring your own gas barbecue.Play on the adventure playground.Go on a self-guided trail walk of
Telford Picnic Area
Change of conditionsAdd change of condition
- The toilet facility at Telford Picnic Area has been closed until further notice. Parks Victoria has installed portable toilets for visitor use and is working to ensure facilities are reinstated as soon as possible. at Telford Picnic Area Thursday 23 August, 2018
- Bring a picnic and use the free electric barbecues or bring your own gas barbecue.
- Play on the adventure playground.
- Go on a self-guided trail walk of the heathland.
- Bring your bike and explore the 7km of trails.
- This picnic area has carparks, a playground, toilets, shelter and electric barbecues.
For visitors with limited mobility
The visitors centre is accessed via the Cockatoo Carpark. There are two marked disabled parking spaces either side of the main entrance to the centre. The carpark is hard packed gravel although the surface does have some loose stones.
The path to the visitors centre is concrete and relatively level. The visitor centre is accessible and there is a partially accessible unisex toilet facility next to the visitor centre.
Adjacent to the visitor centre is the inclusive playground. The playground has a centre ramped spine which gives access to a variety of play features for children of all abilities. It also allows parents with a disability full access.
There is designated disabled carparking at Robin, Kookaburra, Ibis and Magpie carparks.
The Self Guided Trail, best accessed from either the Robin or Magpie carparks, has been assessed for accessibility.
Photos and further information about the accessibility of the self guided trail, toilets, carparks, playground and visitor centre at Telford Picnic Area can be found by clicking the the relevant links on the left hand side menu.
Share your information
We visited Braeside Park yesterday with a group from Blind Sports Victoria.
This area is open to contribution by members of this site. As such, Parks Victoria does not guarantee this information is without flaw of any kind and therefore disclaims all liability which may arise from you relying upon this information