You are here
Safety and regulations
Change of conditionsAdd change of condition View all changed conditions for Bunurong Marine Park
- All the plants and animals in the park are protected. Leave the park as you find it.
- Bins are not provided. Please take your rubbish with you.
- Keep to designated tracks.
- Take care when boating and observe speed restrictions. Power boats can cause serious damage to fragile intertidal areas.
- Keep clear of bird nesting or roosting areas
- Always replace any organisms or rocks you may have disturbed.
- Dogs must be controlled on a leash unless signs advise otherwise
- Dogs must be under control at all times and not interfering with other visitors' enjoyment of the park
- Clean up after your dog
- Dog regulations may change according to the season.
- Always consult tide charts before going boating.
- When boating, always let someone know before you go, including an estimated time of arrival.
- Beware of sudden changes in weather, especially when boating on open water.
- Beware of strong currents and undertows when snorkelling or at the beach.
- Diving should only be undertaken by trained and experienced divers.
- Wear shoes that grip well when walking on rock platforms.
- Watch where your hands are going at all times to avoid potentially dangerous creatures.
- Be aware of large unexpected waves when walking on shore, especially on rock platforms.
- Stay away from cliff edges and bases.
- Always remember to wear a hat, shirt and sunscreen