You are here
Safety and regulations
Change of conditionsAdd change of condition View all changed conditions for Little Desert National Park
- All the plants and animals in the park are protected. Leave the park as you find it.
- Bins are not provided. Please take your rubbish with you.
- Light fires only in the fireplaces provided. Learn more about campfire safety.
- Firearms are not permitted.
- Vehicles and motorbikes may be used only on roads open to public vehicles. All vehicles must be registered and drivers licensed.
- Dogs and other pets are not permitted.
- During certain times of the year, some tracks may be closed to vehicles.
- Be self-sufficient with drinking water. Carry it in and/or know how to make untreated water safe for drinking. For more information read Water - make it safe to drink, contact Parks Victoria on 13 1963 or visit the Better Health Channel.
- Avoid resting, picnics or camping under or close to trees. They may drop heavy branches at any time without warning. Find out more about how to avoid tree risks here.
- This park has been assessed to have a high level of bushfire risk and will be closed for public safety on days of Code Red Fire Danger Rating.
- On days of Code Red Fire Danger parks and forests are not safe places to be. For your own safety, do not enter parks or forests and if you are already there you should leave the night before or early in the morning .
- For more information on the location of parks within Bureau of Meteorology forecast districts and closures on days of forecast Code Red Fire Danger Rating, click here.
- Fires (including barbecues) must not be lit on days of Total Fire Ban. For more information about Total Fire Bans visit the CFA website.