This campground is surrounded by an impressive bend of the Wimmera River and provides great views, particularly at sunset.AccessHorseshoe Bend camping area is located on
Horseshoe Bend Campground
Change of conditionsAdd change of condition
- At Horseshoe Bend Camping Area visitors may notice that Red Gums are currently experiencing dieback, this is caused by a native insect, known as a Psyllid. Find out more. at Horseshoe Bend Campground Tuesday 23 May, 2017
This campground is surrounded by an impressive bend of the Wimmera River and provides great views, particularly at sunset.
Horseshoe Bend camping area is located on the Wimmera River, south of Dimboola via an unsealed road that is suitable for two wheel drive vehicles.
BookingsAdvance bookings and payment are required year round.
There are 30 unpowered sites available with a maximum of 6 people per site. Sites cater for tent-based camping, caravans, campervans and camper trailers. Generators are not permitted.
Remember: Red Gums are particularly prone to dropping large branches at any time without warning. The safest place for all visitors to enjoy a rest, pitch their tent, park their car or have a picnic is in a clear area away from large trees.
Flush toilets, shared fireplaces and shared picnic tables are provided. Picnic facilities for day visitors are also available.
No drinking water supplied – supply your own. Limited non-potable water may be available from a rainwater tank on site.
Only allowed in designated fireplaces – supply your own wood.
There is no rubbish collection at this campground, please take all rubbish with you.
Dogs and other pets are not permitted.
- Light fires only in the fireplaces provided or use a portable camping stove instead
- Ensure fires are never left unattended and are completely out before you leave
- During summer and autumn Total Fire Bans are common - this means no open fires can be lit
- For information on Total Fire Bans call the Victorian Bushfire Information Line on 1800 240 667