You are here
Change of conditionsAdd change of condition View all changed conditions for Mount Arapiles-Tooan State Park
(For visitors with mobility limitations)
- The limestone-surfaced roads and circulation paths around Centenary Park are rough and heavily eroded.
- The large camping area is divided into three zones.
- The most generally accessible of these is the area known as Yellow Gums, although there is a short steep slope to enter this site.
- The composting toilets between the North and Yellow Gums camping areas include a designated facility meeting many access standards.
Summit Picnic Area
- There are no views from the picnic area and car park at Mount Arapiles.
- Visitors must use the summit track to get to the viewing point.
- This track is short but also very steep with many steps and some rock-hopping at the top so accessibility is poor.
- The Bluff Picnic Area and lookout further down the mountain is a more accessible site offering views without a walk.
- Bluff Lookout is a relatively accessible alternative to the summit of Mount Arapiles.
- Good views are available from the car park and picnic area.
- Unsealed car parking.
- No toilet facilities.
- There is a nature walk further down Lookout Road that is reasonably accessible, although currently lacking features such as handrails, a sealed surface and seating.