Point Cook Coastal Park
Change of conditionsAdd change of condition
- Cheetham Wetlands will be closed Until 16th March 2019 due to a new electronic gate being installed at Cheetham Wetlands, Tuesday 12 March, 2019
- The Point Cook Homestead and Café are closed until further notice. at Point Cook Coastal Park, Friday 31 March, 2017
Point Cook, adjoining the Point Cooke Marine Sanctuary, features abundant birdlife, a historic bluestone homestead and intertidal sandbanks. It is popular with birdwatchers, nature lovers and family groups.
At nearby Cheetham Wetlands, see migratory waterbirds and enjoy the views from the Tower.
The park gates are open daily from 8:30am.
Closing times vary according to month:
- March to November - gates close 5.00pm.
- December to January - gates close 7.00pm.
- February - gates close 6.00pm.
The Tower carpark gates are locked two hours before the Point Cook Coastal Park closing time.
Aboriginal Traditional Owners
Parks Victoria acknowledges the Aboriginal Traditional Owners of Victoria - including its parks and reserves. Through their cultural traditions, Aboriginal people maintain their connection to their ancestral lands and waters. Further information is available from Aboriginal Affairs Victoria AAV and Native Title Services Victoria
There are no upcoming events at this location.See What's On elsewhere. List an event Plan an event
Popular things to do
RAAF Point Cook Accessibility InformationThe Point Cook Airfield is used by both civilian operators and the RAAF. There are two carparks on the…
Cheetham Wetlands Cheetham Wetlands, consisting of salt marshes and natural and artificial lagoons of Skeleton Creek, are a natural bird haven. These…
Walking and sightseeing The entire complex is crossed by kilometres of mowed grass tracks. Good walking can also be found along the beach…