You are here

Applications, licences and permits

A number of specific activities in parks and reserves require a permit or license, and in some cases fees apply.

In most cases you must obtain a permit to hold an event in a park. Contact Parks Victoria on 13 1963 for details.

In addition to the most common permits and licenses listed in this section, you may also find information about permits on some park pages where applicable.

Permits to conduct research in National Parks or under the Wildlife Act 1975 and Flora and Fauna Guarantee Act 1988 are available from the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning.

Please note: The processing timeframes for applications received by the Activation Agreements team will be extended during the holiday period.

Permit information for events, filming, and photography

Parks Victoria manages some of Victoria’s most spectacular public spaces including National Parks, State Parks, Crown Land Reserves, Port Phillip and Western Port, Yarra and...

Tour operators and activity providers

Commercial tour operators and activity providers on Parks Victoria and Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) managed land.Tour operator and activity provider licences...

Research Permits

Research means a systematic investigation into any aspect of Parks Victoria’s business.What research is supported by Parks Victoria?Parks Victoria supports universities, other research institutions and...

Firewood collection

There will be no firewood collection areas in River Red Gum parks managed by Parks Victoria for spring 2018 in order to sustainably manage future...

Beekeeping on parks and reserves

The Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) is responsible for the administration of apiary sites on public land and the development of public...