Severe Fire Danger Closures
The CFA website lists forecast Fire Danger Ratings and Total Fire Ban declarations for Victoria as well as providing detailed information about what you can and can't do on a day of Total Fire Ban.
The following areas in the Central Forecast District are regularly closed on a day where conditions local to the park have a Severe or Extreme Fire Danger Rating.
Dandenong Ranges Gardens
- Alfred Nicholas Memorial Gardens
- George Tindale Memorial Gardens
- Dandenong Ranges Botanic Garden (formerly National Rhododendron Garden)
- RJ Hamer Arboretum and Pirianda Garden
- William Ricketts Sanctuary
Dandenong Ranges National Park, including these visitor sites:
- One Tree Hill
- Eagles Nest
- Grants Picnic ground (south of kiosk)
- Ferntree Gully (including 1000 steps)
- Kalorama Park
- 1000 steps
Organ Pipes National Park
Plenty Gorge Park - Yellow Gum Picnic Area (including Blue Lake)
Sassafras Creek Nature Conservation Reserve
Silvan Reservoir Park
Warrandyte State Park visitor areas: Jumping Creek Reserve, Koornong Reserve and Norman Reserve
Yellingbo Nature Conservation Reserve
Woodlands Historic Park
On days of forecast Code Red Fire Danger, Parks Victoria will also close these listed parks in the relevant weather district for public safety.