Fire affected tracks in the Alpine National Park
Page last updated: 05 Jun 2019 8.40 am
Alpine National Park
Although recent fires are now under control, some areas of the Alpine National Park remain closed. Closures are necessary while works are underway to make the areas safe for visitor access.
Lake Tali Karng
Please note that the network of walking tracks around Lake Tali Karng remain closed until further notice due to bushfire damage. View a map here. Closed tracks* include:
- Wellington River Walking Track
- Wellington Plains Walking Track
- Riggal Spur Walking Track
- Echo Point Walking Track
- Gillios Walking Track
- Clive Lanigan Memorial Track
- Mt Margaret Walking Track
- Spion Kopje Walking Track
- Mt Wellington Track beyond Millers Hut, inclusive of Gable End and The Sentinels (including vehicle access).
*Nyimba Campground is included in this closure.
The Bicentennial National Trail between Cynthia Range track and Pioneer Racecourse track has been re-routed along Station track, care still needs to be taken in bushfire affected areas.
King Spur track and McMillans walking track into Mayford have recently been affected by bushfire. Care needs to be taken with regards to hazardous trees and landslips in the area.
There may be other areas (not managed by Parks Victoria) in the area impacted by fire. Please check VicEmergency to keep up to date.
For more information on road closures, visit VicRoads.