Parks Victoria employs people from a range of professions such as:
- Natural resources managers and rangers
- Conservation and environmental specialists
- Cultural and heritage managers
- Engineers and statutory planners
- Accountants and business managers
- Marketing, communications and tourism professionals
- Human resources
- Strategic planners
- Information technology specialists
- Customer service and administrative officers
We conduct recruitment programs, including an Indigenous program, as well as general recruitment. These programs occur at various times throughout the year and are advertised on this website under vacancies.
For some roles, such as seasonal project fire fighters and field services officers (fire operations), we require prospective employees to undergo a national police record check prior to employment.
Project Firefighter Positions
Each summer the Department of Environment and Primary Industries (DEPI) and Parks Victoria employ field based seasonal firefighters to assist with the prevention and suppression of bushfires in parks and forests across Victoria. Applications are generally sought in August each year. It’s a job where no two days are the same.
Are you ready for the challenge?
All training will be provided and positions are open to those who:
- Have a high level of fitness.
- Are a team player.
- Holds a current manual drivers licence.
Positions are available over the warmer months (generally between November and April).
Applications for the 2014-15 season are now closed.
For further information about our firefighter roles see the Project Firefighters brochure.
Volunteering in parks is a great way to gain valuable experience and develop contacts within Parks Victoria and the organisations we work with. Check out our volunteering programs or join a Friends group.
Other organisations, such as those listed below, conduct similar environment programs or offer ranger roles to Parks Victoria.