Tenders and notices
Declaration of boating activity exemption - Horizon Films
Thursday 6 September, 2018
DECLARATION OF BOATING ACTIVITY EXEMPTION
Parks Victoria as the declared waterway manager for the Yarra River, under the Marine Safety Act 2010 (Act) makes the following declaration under section 203(3) of the Act.
For the purpose of boating activity conducted by Horizon Films, persons and vessels involved in filming of The Whistleblower Movie sculling race are exempt from the following requirements:
- Clause 2(a) of the Act – 5 knots within 50 metres of a person in the water;
- Clause 2(c) of the Act – 5 knots within 50 metres of another vessel;
- Clause 3(a) of the Act – 5 knots within 50 meters of the water’s edge;
- Clause 3(b) of the Act – 5 knots within 50 meters of a fixed or floating structure;
- Clause 3.1 of Schedule 3 of the Notice under the Act – 5 knot speed restrictions on the waters of Yarra River upstream of port waters of the Port of Melbourne; and
- Regulation 96(6) and 100(3) of the Marine Safety Regulations – requirements in respect to carriage and wearing a PFD for each person on board – for competitors only.
This declaration is subject to the conditions detailed below:
- The occupants and masters of sculling vessels are exempt from items 2 to 6 in the above list when participating in the filming of The Whistleblower Movie sculling race.
- The Master of Safety/ camera boats must ensure they comply with the Act and gazetted waterway rules in respect to minimum speed and distances requirements and are only exempt from items 1 to 5 if undertaking a rescue operation to retrieve persons in distress, provide for their initial medical or other needs and deliver them to a place of safety.
- The exemptions apply from 7:30 am to 2:30 pm on Sunday 9 September 2018 or in the event of cancellation Monday 10 September, Tuesday 11 September, Wednesday 12 September 2018, or Sunday 16 September 2018.
- The exemptions only apply provided the stated safety controls and undertakings detailed in the application form and associated documentation are adhered to.
BY ORDER OF PARKS VICTORIA