You are hereHome > About > Tenders and notices > Declaration of Boating Activity Exemption - Victorian Jetski Boating Association event
Tenders and notices
Declaration of Boating Activity Exemption - Victorian Jetski Boating Association event
Monday 18 September, 2017
DECLARATION OF BOATING ACTIVITY EXEMPTION
Parks Victoria, as the declared waterway manager for the Patterson River – National Water Sports Centre makes the following declaration under section 203(3) of the Marine Safety Act 2010:
For the purpose of conducting the proposed events by the Victorian Jetski Boating Association on 24 September 2017, 22 October 2017, 26 November 2017 (1,000m to 2,000m area only), 11 February 2018, 25 March 2018 and 22 April 2018, competing and rescue vessels are exempt from:
Competitors vessels during the event only:
- Clause 3(a), to operate a vessel at a speed not exceeding 5 knots within 50m of the water’s edge; and
- Regulation 96(5), vessel must not operate unless vessel equipped with waterproof buoyant torch.
Rescue vessels when undertaking rescue activities only:
- Clause 3(a), to operate a vessel at a speed not exceeding 5 knots within 50m of the water’s edge.
- The masters of competing vessels are exempt from number 1 in the above list when competing in the event provided they operate at a speed not exceeding 5 knots within 20m of the water’s edge.
- These exemptions apply between the hours of 8.30am to 4.00pm on the day of the event and only to persons and vessels registered to take part in the Victorian Jetski Boating Association event on the waters of the Patterson River – National Water Sports Centre provided that the risk controls and undertakings detailed in the Event Application and associated documentation are adhered to.
BY ORDER OF PARKS VICTORIA
10 Oct 2017
Braeside Park has the last remnants of certain native plants in the Melbourne metro area.Native Wedding Bush, Heath Wattle, Common Correa, Snow Gums, Coastal Banksia and multiple species of Wattles are all found in the park’s heathland area, which is closed to the public for conservation reasons.However, on October 15th,…
15 Sep 2017 8:00pm - 31 Oct 2017 9:30pm
This play is set in the 19 century and based on the true story of the Chirnside family. Brothers Thomas and Andrew Chirnside came out from Scotland to Australia in 1839. Told by two fictitious characters, Maggie, the head maid and Mr Duncan the butler, you will be transported to…
7 Oct 2017 8:00pm - 31 Oct 2017 9:30pm
An enthralling night as you journey through the rustic old farm at Werribee Park. Filled with history and comedy and plenty of scares as the evil creature Black Anny haunts the farm.
13 Oct 2017 8:00pm - 28 Oct 2017 9:30pm
An exciting roaming play performed in the Werribee Park Mansion that combines history, scary elements and loads of comedy.
18 Nov 2017 4:00pm-9:00pm
The inaugural festival will bring together keen runners for an undulating 10km or half marathon. A mixed trail event offering road, gravel tracks, sand and steps combined with stunning twilight views of the national park and surrounding waters.