Loading mapa3411076-2380-766c-e040-a8c0ac642022 http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/scripts/mapping/getlocationinfo http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-photo-url http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-video-url
Change of conditions
- Lakeside Drive will be closed, between Albert Road and the Albert Park Golf Course entrance, from Wednesday 5 October and Friday 14 October for the 2016 ITS World Congress. Closures will occur between 9:30am and 3:30pm on weekdays and between 7am and 11am on Sunday 9 October. See Traffic Conditions Map and ITS notification for more information. Traffic can access Albert Park via Aughtie Drive during the closure period.
at Albert Park
Monday 22 August, 2016 |
- River closures and events
at Albert Park
Wednesday 10 August, 2016 |
- The Redgum carpark (off Lakeside Drive) will be closed until further notice due to works for the redevelopment of Junction Oval. The carpark is scheduled to re-open in late 2017 when works are completed. Alternative public car parking is available nearby in Village Green Drive and Hockey Drive. More information: www.cricketvictoria.com.au/vccc
at Albert Park
Tuesday 19 July, 2016 |
- Parks Victoria is undertaking repair works to the Albert Park Lake Wall along Lakeside Drive until September 2016. Access to sections of the lake wall will be restricted during this time. Temporary diversions of the granitic path may also be in place for short periods. For further information, please contact the Parks Victoria Information Centre on 13 1963.
at Albert Park
Friday 13 May, 2016 |
- The barbecue unit in the rotunda of the 'Community Playground' picnic area is currently not working. The other stand-alone barbecue units in the area are working. Portable gas barbecues are permitted to be brought into the park. No solid fuel/charcoal barbecues are permitted.
at Albert Park
Friday 22 April, 2016 |
- Sections of the Albert Park Lake concrete path (eastern/Lakeside Drive side of the lake) are closed for public safety. Please use the granitic sand lake path as an alternative.
at Albert Park
Friday 30 January, 2015 |
Only 3km from the heart of the city, Albert Park is popular for a range of activities like dog walking, jogging, cycling, sailing and rowing.
Apart from the lake itself, other attractions include sporting facilities, ovals, playgrounds, restaurants and a 5km walking and running track. Sporting facilities include a golf driving range, gymnasium and the Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre.
Enjoy a barbecue or picnic with the family. Hire a boat and explore the lake. Walk, cycle or jog around the track, past green lawns and playing fields.
Albert Park Master Plan
A master plan is being drafted to set a 20 year vision for Albert Park to guide it through the next stage of its history.
Since the commencement of the Albert Park Master Plan in early 2014, a number of projects have arisen, including a proposal for a new underground railway station near Kings Way, Junction Oval redevelopment, and the delivery of South Melbourne Park Primary School. The project team is currently refining the master planning process to accommodate these projects.
In the coming months Parks Victoria will further develop the project web platform to present more detailed project information and extend the opportunities for community engagement. Information about opportunities for community members and stakeholders to participate in meetings and workshops, as well as online consultation will be provided.
The purpose of the first phase of consultation held in 2014 was to identfy what is most important to people about Albert Park. It also identified what visitors consider are the key issues that need to be addressed through the master plan. Consultation engaged more than 500 individual stakeholders through open forums, onsite displays, online communications and targeted meetings.
The online response was overwhelming with more than 300 individual surveys completed, and 3,500 visits to the website. Thank you to everyone who participated. This engagement provided vital information which guided the development of the:
Albert Park Master Plan Background Report 2015 (29.8mb PDF)
Issues and opportunities paper (15mb PDF)
For more go to the project website www.albertparkmasterplan.com.au
Victorian Cricket and Community Centre – Junction Oval
The Victorian Cricket and Community Centre (VCCC) at the Junction Oval, St Kilda, is a dedicated sporting and educational complex for cricket. The purpose-built facility will consolidate Cricket Victoria's administration and training functions into a single location, as well as providing a boutique-sized alternate first-class venue for Cricket Victoria. This will provide the sport with its first dedicated training and development facility. Construction works commenced in July 2016 and are on schedule for completion in late 2017. For further information go to www.cricketvictoria.com.au/vccc
All profits raised from parking are put back into Albert Park.
Organising an event at Albert Park
A wide variety of events are held at Albert Park throughout the year, with the peak period during the summer months. Events range from fun runs, sporting tournaments, international and national level of competition.
Albert Park is on Crown Land, therefore it’s managed under the Crown Land Reserves Act 1978. Under the Act a person must not conduct an organised event unless in accordance with a permit issued by the Committee of Management (Parks Victoria).
To enable Parks Victoria to prepare for the demand on the park an Expression of Interest process is undertaken annually, in line with the financial year, to hold events at Albert Park. The calendar allows Parks Victoria to set down public events, inform stakeholders of scheduled events and associated road closures, thus avoiding potential clashes with tenant activities. Expressions of Interest for the 2016/17 Albert Park event calendar are closed and the Albert Park Events Calendar 2016-17 is available. Information about the Expression of Interest Program is available in the Event permits section of the website.
For further information about hosting an event at Albert Park, please contact Parks Victoria’s Statewide Events Branch on 13 1963 or email@example.com
Park map on mobile devices
You can also download a map of this park for your mobile device from Avenza PDF Maps application to access additional functions. The same maps are shown below under ‘Related publications’.
Aboriginal Traditional Owners
Parks Victoria acknowledges the Aboriginal Traditional Owners of Victoria - including its parks and reserves. Through their cultural traditions, Aboriginal people maintain their connection to their ancestral lands and waters. Further information is available from Aboriginal Affairs Victoria AAV and Native Title Services Victoria
Popular things to do
Rowing The rowing clubs at Albert Park Lake operate weekly races and annual regattas. The Albert Park South Melbourne Rowing…
The picnic ground has a shelter, seating, tables and electric barbecues. Use of these facilities is on a shared basis…
You can swim, dive or try out the indoor sports facilities and fitness gym at the Melbourne Sports & Aquatic…
Accessibility Information The Point Restaurant and the lake front boardwalk are both accessible from Aquatic Drive. This picturesque part of…
Play a round of golf on the Albert Park 18 hole public Golf Course or try out the Golf Driving…
- Information Shelter
- Sealed carpark
- Basketball hoops
There are no upcoming events at this location. See What's On elsewhere.List an event
Plan an event
Call Parks Victoria on 13 1963