You are hereHome > Find > Park locator map > Grampians National Park > Things to do > Camping > Bugiga Hiker Camp
Bugiga Hiker Camp Park Subotopic Layout
Loading maphttp://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/scripts/mapping/getlocationinfo http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-photo-url http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-video-urla3411076-1e10-766c-e040-a8c0ac642022
Change of conditions
- No change of conditions apply
Bugiga is a distinctive high-quality hiker camp exclusive to the Grampians Peaks Trail. The camp is located high in the Wonderland Range and has spectacular views of Mount Rosea.
Hiking access by experienced walkers completing the Grampians Peaks Trail.
Advance bookings and payment are required year round. Bookings are for designated sites and are charged per campsite.
12 raised camping platforms each accommodating 2 people in a small hiking tent. Sites are unpowered.
Non-flush toilets and one large group shelter with bench seating.
No drinking water supplied; limited non-potable water may be available from a seasonal rainwater tank.
No fires permitted, portable gas stoves only.
Leave no trace, please carry out all rubbish.
Be safe, be prepared - overnight hiking
- Plan your route according to your group's ability and experience.
- Each member of the party should carry a topographic map and a compass, and know how to navigate with them.
- Pack clothing suitable for a wide range of weather conditions, including waterproof rain jacket and pants, warm layers and clothing to protect from the sun.
- Check all equipment prior to departure to ensure you are properly prepared.
- Water is usually not available in summer and autumn.
- Ensure all group members carry at least 3-4 litres per person per day.
- Walkers should have a sound knowledge of first aid in a wilderness environment.
- If you are using a GPS, ensure the datum corresponds to the map you are using.
- Please follow minimal impact hiking principles.