There is an all terrain wheelchair, called a TrailRider, owned and managed by the Surf Coast Shire that is available for park visitors with mobility difficulties. The chair can be booked through the Surf Coast Sport and Recreation Centre located on Beach Road, Torquay, next to the Visitor …
Accessibility Park Subotopic Layout
Loading maphttp://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/scripts/mapping/getlocationinfo http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-photo-url http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-video-urla3411076-1eee-766c-e040-a8c0ac642022
Change of conditions
- No change of conditions apply
- The forest walk has sections of raised boardwalk, compacted soil and aggregate.
- Some steep sections lack handrails.
- There are excellent interpretive signs along the path.
- Vehicle access to this site is excellent, and the area around the car park is free of obstacles.
- There are no picnic or toilet facilities. The closest are at Apollo Bay or the Aire River Camping area.
- The east area of the Aire River campground is an informal grassy area that can also be accessed by caravans.
- Neither camp area has any designated accessible facilities, but there is more flat ground on the west side than on the east.
- Campers at Johanna Beach can park adjacent to a campsite, and it is possible to bring a caravan.
- Access to the toilet is restricted by a narrow path, as is access to the beach.
- The track to the beach is very sandy.
- The camping area is generally flat.
- Facilities at Blanket Bay include picnic tables, pit and composting toilets and open fire places.
- There is a designated unisex toilet, with a gravel approach path.
- The sandy path with uneven stairs leading to the beach is poorly accessible.
Blanket Leaf Picnic Area (and Erskine Falls)
- Blanket Leaf Picnic Area has accessible picnic tables, and some shelter.
- There are toilet facilities near the car park, though the designated accessible facility does not meet all access criteria.
- Erskine Falls is a short drive (approx 2km) from Blanket Leaf Picnic Area.
- There is a walk from the car park to the falls, but no facilities at this site.
- The path up to the falls viewing area is quite steep with uneven steps and a loose gravel surface.
Distillery Creek Picnic Area
- This accessibility information refers to the picnic area closest to the toilet facility, which is generally the more accessible of the two areas at Distillery Creek.
- The ground is generally flat but covered with leaf litter, and has some uneven surfaces.
- The accessible toilet across the road meets some access criteria.
- The Distillery Creek Nature Trail shows a diversity of plant life and is reasonably accessible.
Moggs Creek Picnic Area
- Moggs Creek Picnic Area is on reasonably flat ground in a natural setting.
- There are no formal paths around the site.
- The toilets are across the road from the picnic area.
- Access to the toilet is restricted by a narrow main door, but otherwise it meets many criteria for access.
- The Moggs Creek walking circuit leaves from the picnic area and takes about 30 minutes.
- There is a lookout bay on the Great Ocean Road near this picnic area.
Sheoak Falls carpark
- Sheoak Falls carpark has a good smooth surface and good circulation.
- The tracks nearby are not so accessible as they have steep sections and steps.
- There are no picnic facilities or toilets on site. The nearest facilities are in Lorne.
Sheoak Picnic Area
- Sheoak Picnic Area has good picnic facilities including gas barbecues.
- The surface is rough, and there are no formal paths.
- There is a designated accessible toilet facility that meets most criteria for access, although the approach is over a loose surface.
Showing 1 - 1 of 1
14 May 2013
One of East Gippsland’s most popular walks, the Mackenzie River Rainforest Walk has just been reopened. The track, located in the Bemm River Scenic Reserve is just a kilometre in length and gives visitors the special experience of strolling through a warm temperate rainforest. This kind of forest landscape …