Lake Eildon National Park
Change of conditionsAdd change of condition
- Wallaby Bay Road is closed from Thursday 12 to Friday 20 July 2018 due to road improvement works. at Lake Eildon National Park, Thursday 12 July, 2018
- Some roads in this park are subject to seasonal road closures. See Map 32: Lake Eildon National Park (South) for locations of the closures. at Lake Eildon National Park, Thursday 10 May, 2018
- The Candlebark boat ramp is closed due to falling lake levels. The ramp will be reopened when the lake level rises above 60% of capacity. The main ramp is still open for boat launching. at Lake Eildon National Park, Monday 9 April, 2018
- Gap Track bridge is closed 100m north of O’Tooles Flat camping area until further notice. at Lake Eildon National Park, Friday 15 September, 2017
- Established:December 1957
Lake Eildon National Park is in the northern foothills of Victoria's Central Highlands, 150 km north-east of Melbourne. Situated on the shores of Lake Eildon, the park protects 27,750 ha of rugged hills with open woodlands through to dense forest.
Visitors can enjoy bushwalking, boating and fishing or try the more adventurous pursuits of waterskiing and mountain bike riding. Relax in a scenic environment and experience native wildlife.
Advance bookings are required to stay in this park. Find detailed campsite information and online bookings here.
Location and access
The park is a leisurely and picturesque two hour drive north-east from Melbourne. The Fraser camping area is located 17km east of Alexandra and the Jerusalem Creek camping area is 10km from the Eildon Township.
Aboriginal Traditional Owners
Parks Victoria acknowledges the Aboriginal Traditional Owners of Victoria - including its parks and reserves. Through their cultural traditions, Aboriginal people maintain their connection to their ancestral lands and waters. Further information is available from Aboriginal Affairs Victoria AAV and Native Title Services Victoria
There are no upcoming events at this location.See What's On elsewhere. List an event Plan an event
Popular things to do
Camping Car and boat-based camping opportunities abound within the park. All campsites are unpowered. The Fraser camping area can accommodate tents…
Walking Enjoy gentle lakeside walks from the camping areas or take a longer hike and explore some of the more remote…
Herb Fitzroy Day Visitor Area Gas barbeques, family walks, picnic shelter, water, toilets and boat ramp are available at Herb Fitzroy Day Visitor Area.