This campground is surrounded by an impressive bend of the Wimmera River and provides great views, particularly at sunset. Access Horseshoe Bend camping area is
You are hereHome > Find > Park locator map > Little Desert National Park > Things to do > Horseshoe Bend Campground
Horseshoe Bend Campground
Loading maphttp://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/scripts/mapping/getlocationinfo http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-photo-url http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-video-urla3411076-2261-766c-e040-a8c0ac642022
Change of conditions
- Horseshoe Bend and Ackle Bend campgrounds are closed due to flooding.The areas will be reopened once flooding to the campgrounds subsides and the area is accessible. Kiata campground remains safe and accessible as an alternative. River Track is also closed.
at Horseshoe Bend Campground
Thursday 22 September, 2016 |
This campground is surrounded by an impressive bend of the Wimmera River and provides great views, particularly at sunset.
Horseshoe Bend camping area is located on the Wimmera River, south of Dimboola via a gravel road.
Advance bookings and payment are required year round.
There are 30 unpowered sites available with a maximum of 6 people per site.
Flush toilets, fireplaces and picnic tables are provided.
No drinking water supplied – supply your own.
Only allowed in designated fireplaces – supply your own wood.
There is no rubbish collection at this campground, please take all rubbish with you.
- Light fires only in the fireplaces provided or use a portable camping stove instead
- Ensure fires are never left unattended and are completely out before you leave
- During summer and autumn Total Fire Bans are common - this means no open fires can be lit
- For information on Total Fire Bans call the Victorian Bushfire Information Line on 1800 240 667