This campground is surrounded by an impressive bend of the Wimmera River and provides great views, particularly at sunset. Access Horseshoe Bend camping area is
You are hereHome > Find > Park locator map > Little Desert National Park > Things to do > Horseshoe Bend Campground
Horseshoe Bend Campground
Loading maphttp://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/scripts/mapping/getlocationinfo http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-photo-url http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-video-urla3411076-2261-766c-e040-a8c0ac642022
Change of conditions
- Following recent flooding Horseshoe Bend will operate with reduced capacity while the area dries out. There is standing water in the billabongs near the camping areas. People and vehicles should stay out of the billabongs.
at Horseshoe Bend Campground
Monday 17 October, 2016 |
This campground is surrounded by an impressive bend of the Wimmera River and provides great views, particularly at sunset.
Horseshoe Bend camping area is located on the Wimmera River, south of Dimboola via an unsealed road that is suitable for two wheel drive vehicles.
Advance bookings and payment are required year round.
There are 30 unpowered sites available with a maximum of 6 people per site. Sites cater for tent-based camping, caravans, campervans and camper trailers. Generators are not permitted.
Flush toilets, shared fireplaces and shared picnic tables are provided. Picnic facilities for day visitors are also available.
No drinking water supplied – supply your own. Limited non-potable water may be available from a rainwater tank on site.
Only allowed in designated fireplaces – supply your own wood.
There is no rubbish collection at this campground, please take all rubbish with you.
Dogs and other pets are not permitted.
- Light fires only in the fireplaces provided or use a portable camping stove instead
- Ensure fires are never left unattended and are completely out before you leave
- During summer and autumn Total Fire Bans are common - this means no open fires can be lit
- For information on Total Fire Bans call the Victorian Bushfire Information Line on 1800 240 667