You are hereHome > Find > Park locator map > Mornington Peninsula National Park > Safety and regulations
Safety and regulations Park Subotopic Layout
Loading maphttp://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/scripts/mapping/getlocationinfo http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-photo-url http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-video-urla3411076-2242-766c-e040-a8c0ac642022
Parks Victoria does not guarantee that this data is without flaw of any kind and therefore disclaims all liability which may arise from you relying upon this information
Change of conditions
- No change of conditions apply
0 visitor ratings
- All the plants and animals in the park are protected. Leave the park as you find it.
- Bins are not provided. Please take your rubbish with you.
- Firearms are not permitted.
- Fires are not permitted
- The threatened Hooded Plover nests on the beaches within this park from August to March. Observe signs or fencing indicating active nesting areas and do not harm the eggs or chicks.
- Motorised cycles are not permitted.
- A bicycle lock is recommended when leaving your bicycle for a walk. Parks Victoria and the Licensed Operator take no responsibility for loss, theft or damage to bicycles.
- Camping is not permitted.
- Keep to designated tracks.
Dogs are permitted between sunrise and 9am on a leash only:
- Portsea Surf Beach (visitor precinct in front of Surf Lifesaving Club)
- Between Sorrento Back Beach and Brewsters Road, Rye (Orr Point)
- Rye Ocean Beach (east of car park)
- St Andrews Beach (west of carpark)
- Flinders Ocean Beach (King Street to West Head)
Dogs are prohibited at all times at:
- Between London Bridge and Portsea Surf Beach (excluding visitor precinct)
- Between Portsea Surf Beach and Sorrento Back Beach
- Between Brewsters Road, Rye (Orr Point) and Rye Ocean Beach (west of car park)
- St Andrews Beach (east of car park)
- Gunnamatta Beach
- Fingal Beach and Picnic Area
- Cape Schanck
- Bushrangers Bay
- Main Creek
- Greens Bush
- The Blowhole
- Tea Tree Creek
- Flinders Ocean Beach (adjacent to Mushroom Reef Marine Sanctuary)
Penalties apply and dogs found unattended will be impounded.
- Emergency markers points are located in this park to help pinpoint your exact location in the case of an emergency. In an emergency call 000 and quote the emergency marker code. Further information about emergency markers is available here.
- Some cliffs are unstable. Observe warning signs.
- Ocean beaches can have dangerous undertows and unexpected large waves. Swim only at patrolled beaches.
- Fingal picnic area will be closed on days of Total Fire Ban. Please check current conditions if you plan to visit on a day of Total Fire Ban
- The majority of this park has been identified as 'high bushfire risk' and will be closed for public safety on days of Code Red Fire Danger Rating. As an exception, the back beach areas (between Portsea and Gunnamatta) have been assessed to have an acceptable/manageable level of bushfire risk and will remain open.
- For more information on the location of parks within Bureau of Meteorology forecast districts and closures on days of forecast Code Red Fire Danger Rating click here.