This camping area has spectacular views of the surrounding countryside and steep escarpments. Access The park is located between Ararat and Beaufort on the Western
Bailes Camping Area
Loading maphttp://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/scripts/mapping/getlocationinfo http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-photo-url http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-video-urla3411076-1f08-766c-e040-a8c0ac642022
Change of conditions
- No change of conditions apply
This camping area has spectacular views of the surrounding countryside and steep escarpments.
The park is located between Ararat and Beaufort on the Western Highway, Route A8. Take Ferntree Gully Road off the Western Highway. The camping areas are located just inside the park entrance.
Advance bookings and payment are required year round. Bookings are for designated sites and are charged per campsite.
There are 5 unpowered sites available suitable for both tents and caravans. Each site holds a maximum of 6 people.
Non-flush toilets, communal fireplaces and picnic tables are provided. Mobile phone reception is limited.
No drinking water supplied – supply your own.
Only allowed in designated fireplaces - supply your own wood.
There is no rubbish collection at this campground, please take all rubbish with you.
- Light fires only in the fireplaces provided or use a portable camping stove instead
- Ensure fires are never left unattended and are completely out before you leave
- During summer and autumn Total Fire Bans are common - this means no open fires can be lit
- For information on Total Fire Bans call the Victorian Bushfire Information Line on 1800 240 667