Murray-Sunset National Park
Loading mapa3411076-1e14-766c-e040-a8c0ac642022 http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/scripts/mapping/getlocationinfo http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-photo-url http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-video-url
Change of conditions
- Sections of Murray-Sunset National Park will be temporarily closed for public safety from Tuesday 9 June to Friday 12 June 2015 due to a pest animal control program. Campgrounds at the Pink Lakes - Lake Becking and Lake Crosbie - will be closed from Wednesday 10 June and will reopen on Saturday 13 June 2015. Signs will be in place on all main entry points into the closed sections of the park.
at Pink Lakes - Lake Becking
Thursday 21 May, 2015 |
- The Mullaroo Mouth Track on Lindsay Island will be temporarily closed for public safety from 8 December 2014 to 30 June 2015 to allow for Waterway Regulator construction works in the Mullaroo Creek. These works are part of the Living Murray Program which will regulate environmental water flows across the Lindsay Island floodplain. View map of closure
at Lindsay Island
Tuesday 9 December, 2014 |
Murray-Sunset National Park, in Victoria's far north-west corner, is in one of the few remaining semi-arid regions in the world where the environment is relatively untouched. With its wide open landscapes, breathtaking sunsets and starry nights, its vastness and isolation will take more than a day to explore.
This is a great park for four wheel drive touring, bushwalking and camping.
The Pink Lakes are picturesque at most times of year, changing in colour from a deep pink to a glistening white. There are excellent walking tracks in the Pink Lakes area, along with a campground.
Park map on mobile devices
Download free maps of this park for your mobile device from Avenza PDF Maps application. Used within the app the maps allow you to calculate distances and (with sufficient mobile signal) locate yourself within the park. The same maps are shown below under ‘Related publications’.
Aboriginal Traditional Owners
Parks Victoria acknowledges the Aboriginal Traditional Owners of Victoria - including its parks and reserves. Through their cultural traditions, Aboriginal people maintain their connection to their ancestral lands and waters. Further information is available from Aboriginal Affairs Victoria AAV and Native Title Services Victoria
Popular things to do
Located in the far north-west corner of the state, Lindsay Island is intersected by a number of small creeks carrying…
The campground at Mount Crozier is accessed by 4WD. Toilets, fireplaces and picnic tables are provided. No booking or fees.
Camping is available at Mopoke Hut. Access to Mopoke Hut is by 4WD. Toilets, picnic table and fireplaces are provided.…
The Pink Lakes are so named because of their colour during late summer. A red pigment, carotene, is secreted from…
The historic Shearers Quarters building was once the home of the lessee of Sunset Pastoral Co. Today it provides hostel-style…
- Murray-Sunset National Park - Park note (PDF 8.9 MB)
- Murray-Sunset Nationa Park - Lindsay & Mulcra Islands - Park note (PDF 6.7 MB)
- Murray-Sunset National Park - Linday & Mulcra islands - Map (PDF 4.6 MB)
Optimised for viewing on mobile devices.
- Murray-Sunset National Park - Pink Lakes (PDF 1.3 MB)
- Murray-Sunset National Park - Wallpolla Island - Park note (PDF 4.6 MB)
- Murray-Sunset National Park - Walpolla Island - Map (PDF 3.6 MB)
Optimised for viewing on mobile devices.
- Birds of the Mallee Parks (PDF 716.9 KB)
Plans and strategies
- Mallee Parks Management Plan (PDF 3.4 MB)
Hattah-Kulkyne NP, Murray Sunset NP, Wyperfeld NP , Lake Albacutya Park, Murray-Kulkyne Regional Park
- Birds of the Mallee Parks (accessible version) (MS Word Document 1.2 MB)
- Murray-Sunset NP - Pink Lakes (accessible version) (MS Word Document 763.0 KB)
- Murray-Sunset NP Lindsay & Mulcra Islands - Park note (accessible version) (MS Word Document 3.7 MB)
- Murray-Sunset National Park - Park note (accessible version) (MS Word Document 1005.9 KB)
- Electric/Gas BBQ
- Picnic table/seat
- Information Shelter
- Gravel carpark
Call Parks Victoria on 13 1963