With 92 sculptures of people and animals to explore in their magnificent natural surroundings, the full-length audio tour takes you on a journey through the Sanctuary, bringing to life the work and passion of William Ricketts. The tour provides fascinating insight into: William Ricketts life, particularly the time spent with…
William Ricketts Sanctuary
Loading mapa3411076-1fae-766c-e040-a8c0ac642022 http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/scripts/mapping/getlocationinfo http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-photo-url http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-video-url
Change of conditions
- No change of conditions apply
Situated in a ferny glade in the Dandenongs, William Ricketts Sanctuary is a place of beauty and tranquillity, due both to the natural setting and the mystical sculptures half hidden among ferns along the pathways. It is a place for quiet reflection and for contemplation of the essence of the vision of William Ricketts. Many travel across the world to visit this place time and time again.
William Ricketts Sanctuary is open daily from 10:00am to 4:30pm daily (except Christmas Day).
The sanctuary may close during dangerous weather conditions, high fire risk or for major works. Check current conditions on the day of your planned visit to confirm it is open.
Group bookings can be arranged by phoning William Ricketts Sanctuary on 13 1963.
Aboriginal Traditional Owners
Parks Victoria acknowledges the Aboriginal Traditional Owners of Victoria - including its parks and reserves. Through their cultural traditions, Aboriginal people maintain their connection to their ancestral lands and waters. Further information is available from Aboriginal Affairs Victoria AAV and Native Title Services Victoria
Popular things to do
The path from the information centre is initially flat with a hard bitumen surface. There is a short, 20 metre section that is steep with a gradient of approximately gradient of 1 in 7. Once past that section the path remains at less than a 1 in 14 gradient right…
Call Parks Victoria on 13 1963
- Dandenong Ranges Gardens Draft Strategic Management Plan April 2013 (PDF File 6.0 MB)
- Khu Bảo Tồn Động Vật William Ricketts (Vietnamese) (PDF File 390.0 KB)
- Le Sanctuaire William Ricketts (French) (PDF File 343.2 KB)
- Santuario William Ricketts (Italian) (PDF File 329.9 KB)
- Santuario William Ricketts (Spanish) (PDF File 306.1 KB)
- William Ricketts Sanctuarium (Dutch) (PDF File 332.0 KB)
- William Ricketts Sanctuary (Chinese - simplified) (PDF File 354.0 KB)
- William Ricketts Sanctuary (Chinese - traditional) (PDF File 363.0 KB)
- William Ricketts Sanctuary (German) (PDF File 336.2 KB)
- William Ricketts Sanctuary (Hindi) (PDF File 288.5 KB)
- William Ricketts Sanctuary (Indonesian) (PDF File 327.6 KB)
- William Ricketts Sanctuary (Japanese) (PDF File 372.5 KB)
- William Ricketts Sanctuary - Park note (English) (PDF File 333.4 KB)
- William Ricketts Sanctuary Audio Guide Map (PDF File 844.2 KB)
- Visitor centre
- Sealed carpark
04 Mar 2014
Parks in the Mallee including Murray Sunset National Park, and Bronzewing and Paradise Flora and Fauna Reserves have re-opened to visitors in time for the forthcoming Labour Day long weekend. "It’s been a challenging month with the number of fires experienced in the Mallee, but we are focussing on recovery…