With 92 sculptures of people and animals to explore in their magnificent natural surroundings, the full-length audio tour takes you…
William Ricketts Sanctuary
Loading mapa3411076-1fae-766c-e040-a8c0ac642022 http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/scripts/mapping/getlocationinfo http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-photo-url http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-video-url
Change of conditions
- No change of conditions apply
Situated in a ferny glade in the Dandenongs, William Ricketts Sanctuary is a place of beauty and tranquillity, due both to the natural setting and the mystical sculptures half hidden among ferns along the pathways. It is a place for quiet reflection and for contemplation of the essence of the vision of William Ricketts. Many travel across the world to visit this place time and time again.
William Ricketts Sanctuary is not suitable for picnics. Nearby picnic areas are availalbe in the Alfred Nicholas Gardens and parts of the Dandenong Ranges National Park.
William Ricketts Sanctuary is open daily from 10:00am to 4:30pm daily (except Christmas Day).
The sanctuary may close during dangerous weather conditions, high fire risk or for major works. Check current conditions on the day of your planned visit to confirm it is open.
Group bookings can be arranged by phoning William Ricketts Sanctuary on 13 1963.
Aboriginal Traditional Owners
Parks Victoria acknowledges the Aboriginal Traditional Owners of Victoria - including its parks and reserves. Through their cultural traditions, Aboriginal people maintain their connection to their ancestral lands and waters. Further information is available from Aboriginal Affairs Victoria AAV and Native Title Services Victoria
Popular things to do
The path from the information centre is initially flat with a hard bitumen surface. There is a short, 20 metre…
- Dandenong Ranges Gardens Draft Strategic Management Plan April 2013 (PDF 6.0 MB)
- Khu Bảo Tồn Động Vật William Ricketts (Vietnamese) (PDF 390.0 KB)
- Le Sanctuaire William Ricketts (French) (PDF 343.2 KB)
- Santuario William Ricketts (Italian) (PDF 329.9 KB)
- Santuario William Ricketts (Spanish) (PDF 306.1 KB)
- William Ricketts Sanctuarium (Dutch) (PDF 332.0 KB)
- William Ricketts Sanctuary (Chinese - simplified) (PDF 354.0 KB)
- William Ricketts Sanctuary (Chinese - traditional) (PDF 363.0 KB)
- William Ricketts Sanctuary (German) (PDF 336.2 KB)
- William Ricketts Sanctuary (Hindi) (PDF 288.5 KB)
- William Ricketts Sanctuary (Indonesian) (PDF 327.6 KB)
- William Ricketts Sanctuary (Japanese) (PDF 372.5 KB)
- William Ricketts Sanctuary - Park note (English) (PDF 333.4 KB)
- William Ricketts Sanctuary Audio Guide Map (PDF 844.2 KB)
- Visitor centre
- Sealed carpark
8 Apr 2014 12:00am - 20 Apr 2014 12:00am
This Easter, join a Parks Victoria ranger to discover the secrets and features of Victoria’s parks. A variety of Discovery Walks and tours including Junior Ranger activities for children and their families are available from 8 to 20 April. For more information and to book click here or phone 13…
Call Parks Victoria on 13 1963