Peak season - How to apply
Summer ballot 2018-19
Applications can be made at any time during June 2018.
- What is the ballot?
- How does it work?
- Before you start
- Select the right ballot
- Fill out the form
- Making group bookings (optional)
- Applying for concession rates (campsites only)
- Change or cancel the application
- Where do I go for extra assistance?
Due to the high demand for camping and accommodation at Tidal River during summer school holidays, a ballot system is run to allow all applicants an equal chance of reserving camping and accommodation during this popular period.
The ballot is a random computer selection. The allocation is based on where your application is situated in the randomised queue and the remaining availability that matches your preferences.
Before you start
Review the ballot details such as dates and prices.
Select the right ballot
There are three separate forms.
- Group lodges - Apply for 12, 24 or 30 bed lodges.
- Roofed accommodation - Apply for cabins and huts.
- Camping - Apply for powered and unpowered sites at Tidal River. A single campsite or group (2-10 campsites) application can be made.
Fill out the form
- Ensure that you enter a value into all of the fields marked with a *. These fields are compulsory, and you will not be able to continue unless all contain a value.
- If you are completing a group application, ensure that you include specific contact details for each site you are applying for.
- It is advised that when applying for campsites, that the smallest campsite suitable is selected. This will increase your chance of being successful in being allocated a site.
- Enter any additional information into the final question box. E.g. If you are entering multiple ballots but would like one application to be preferred.
- Accept the Terms & Conditions by selecting the checkbox. Make sure you have read and understand the Terms and Conditions and have read the cancellation and transfer policies.
If you are making a group booking, first enter the details for the lead applicant, date and site location preferences for your party.
You can apply for up to 10 sites but each additional site must have a different contact name listed. Ensure you complete the contact and site preference details for each additional site. Sites cannot be allocated without all the information for each individual site.
A 10 per cent discount applies to the base price of powered and unpowered campsites for holders of eligible means-tested concession cards. Eligible cards include:
- Centrelink Health Care Card
- Centrelink Pensioner Concession card
- Veterans Affairs Gold Card for All Conditions
- Veterans Affairs Gold Card War Widow
- Veterans Affairs Gold Card TPI
- Veterans Affairs Gold card POW & EDA
To claim the concession discount the concession card holder must be the named person for the site.
Customers requesting concession rates must be able to produce a valid concession card upon request.
For group bookings, the concession discount only applies to the site occupied by the concession card holder. You must request a concession rate for each individual site request where the discount is to be applied.
Once you submit an application Once you submit a ballot reference number is provided. You will also receive an email notification of your application and reference number.
To change or cancel your application, follow the instructions on the receipt email.
Changes and cancellations will be accepted until 30 June 2018. In fairness to all other applicants, no changes or cancellations will be possible during the allocation period in July.
Once the site/accommodation is allocated, cancellation fees apply.
Please ensure that your contact name, address and phone number are correct. The contact details on the system at the time the ballot closes will remain attached to that application.