Donnellys Weir forms both the start and finish of the Bicentennial National Trail. A variety of walks from the picnic area cater for both casual
You are hereHome > Find > Park locator map > Yarra Ranges National Park > Things to do > Donnellys Weir Picnic Area
Donnellys Weir Picnic Area
Loading maphttp://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/scripts/mapping/getlocationinfo http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-photo-url http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-video-urla3411076-1e8a-766c-e040-a8c0ac642022
Change of conditions
- Walking from Maroondah Reservoir to Donnellys Weir is now accessible via the following route: Road 17 from the dam wall to Echo Tunnel, Road 15, and up Donnellys Weir Rd. Road 17 (section along aqueduct), Henderson Hill Walking Track and Forest Walking Track remain closed due to storm damage.
at Donnellys Weir Picnic Area
Thursday 9 March, 2017 |
Donnellys Weir forms both the start and finish of the Bicentennial National Trail. A variety of walks from the picnic area cater for both casual and longer distance walkers.
Access to Donnellys Weir Picnic Area requires visitors to ford Donnellys Creek. Water levels are generally low but access by 4WD vehicle is recommended. Alternatively, visitors can walk the remaining 400m to the picnic area.
Donnellys Weir is open daily at the following times:
- 1 December to 31 January - 8am to 9pm.
- 1 February to end of daylight saving (first Sunday in April) - 8am to 8pm.
- End of daylight saving (first Sunday in April) to 30 April - 8am to 6pm.
- 1 May to 31 August - 8am to 5pm.
- 1 September to start of daylight saving (first Sunday in October) - 8am to 6pm.
- Start of daylight saving (first Sunday in October) to 30 November - 8am to 8pm.
Distance: 8 km
Time: Approximately 3.5 hours, one way
This walk is for experienced bushwalkers only and is very steep. Beginning on Road 17 just past Echo Tunnel, the track climbs the slopes of Mt Monda through ancient fern gullies and tall, wet Mountain Ash forest. From Road 9 Mt Monda return to
Donnellys Weir via Condons Track, or follow the sign posts on Road 9 to Mt St Leonard. The entire circuit from Donnellys Weir to Mt Monda, Mt St Leonard and back to the weir is 21km and takes seven to eight hours.
Mt St Leonard Track
Time: Approximately 3 hours - one way
Incorporating part of the Bicentennial National Trail, this track passes through mixed eucalypt forest and offers magnificent views across the Yarra Valley from the summit of Mt St Leonard.