Parks Victoria Kookaburra Awards
Held every second year, the Kookaburra Awards seek to:
- Recognise and honour individuals and groups who have made an outstanding voluntary contribution to Victoria's park system.
- Raise awareness of the extent and importance of community involvement in Victoria's park system.
- Encourage community involvement in the future conservation and use of the park system.
- Conserving Special Places (group)
- Connecting People and Parks (group)
- Providing Benefits Beyond Park Boundaries (group)
- Individual Achievement Kookaburra Award (individual)
Trophies are presented to award winners and all nominees receive a letter of congratulations and a certificate of encouragement for their nomination.
29 Jul 2014
Rangers from Gunaikurnai Land and Waters Aboriginal Corporation (GLaWAC) and Parks Victoria have joined forces to improve access to the Corringle Foreshore Reserve. The walking track to the popular reserve and fishing spot has been cleared and widened and the chain and board walkway replaced. Corringle Foreshore Reserve is one…
30 Aug 2014 8:00am-9:00am
parkrun is free, weekly, 5km timed run that is open to everyone - walkers, runners, families and dogs are all welcome! Westerfolds parkrun occurs every Saturday morning. We're based near the main carpark off the Fitzsimons Lane entrance, and the course is run entirely on sealed paths within the park.
31 Aug 2014 9:30am-10:20am
A superb loop walk that winds through woodland, wet heathland & along boardwalks. Along the way you will encounter a variety of flora including hakeas, wattles, tea-trees, mistletoe, swamp bush pea and button grass. This guided walk is run by Friends of Bunyip State Park.
1 Sep 2014 8:30am - 4 Sep 2014 5:30pm
We will take you behind the scenes on this exclusive, small group adventure as you work alongside a Parks Victoria Ranger to 'track and protect' the elusive Brush-tailed Phascogales, which are on Victoria's threatened species list. You will sample some of the region's best wines, see ancient Aboriginal rock art…
2 Sep 2014 10:00am-11:00am
Enjoy the fresh air of this beautiful park and get an insight into the park’s fascinating history, flora and fauna. This free guided walk run by Friends of Tarra Bulga National Park will lead you across the famous Corrigan Suspension Bridge which stretches through the rainforest canopy, and on either…