Parks Victoria Kookaburra Awards
Held every second year, the Kookaburra Awards seek to:
- Recognise and honour individuals and groups who have made an outstanding voluntary contribution to Victoria's park system.
- Raise awareness of the extent and importance of community involvement in Victoria's park system.
- Encourage community involvement in the future conservation and use of the park system.
- Conserving Special Places (group)
- Connecting People and Parks (group)
- Providing Benefits Beyond Park Boundaries (group)
- Individual Achievement Kookaburra Award (individual)
Trophies are presented to award winners and all nominees receive a letter of congratulations and a certificate of encouragement for their nomination.
16 Jun 2015
Parks across the Southern Peninsula are offering free winter school holiday activities this June and July. The Junior Ranger program delivers a diverse range of fun and creative discovery activities that will keep kids active and entertained these holidays. From following the footprints of native animals and learning how to…
2 Jun 2015 10:00am - 2 Jul 2015 11:30am
What makes a bird? How do you identify them? Bring along your binoculars, grab your gumboots and jackets and join the Ranger for a walk to the bird hide and find out what our amazing coastal and wetland birds get up to in winter. Learn how to use binoculars to…
29 Jun 2015 - 10 Jul 2015
Join a ranger to discover Wilsons Promontory National Park this winter. Adventure through forest tracks, along Tidal River and amongst boulders of the rocky shore. Help celebrate National Aborigines and Islander Day Observance Committee (NAIDOC) Week by creating a stencil art banner. Discover the unique flora of the Prom and…
1 Jul 2015 - 31 Jul 2015
A wide variety of events are held at Albert Park throughout the year. Events range from fun runs and sporting tournaments to other community events. See the full calendar here.
1 Jul 2015 10:00am-11:30am
Create artworks using nature and found objects to build your own wetland wonderland. But here’s the catch, you’ll be taking home memories of your works through photos, leaving behind nature’s materials and only your footprints. This activity will be held in the bird observatory where kids can draw using their…