Parks Victoria Kookaburra Awards 2016
Held every second year, the Kookaburra Awards seek to:
- Recognise and honour individuals and groups who have made an outstanding voluntary contribution to the Victorian park system.
- Raise awareness of the extent and importance of community involvement in the Parks Victoria estate.
- Encourage community involvement in the future development and conservation and use of the park system.
- Connecting People to Parks Award
- Conserving Victoria’s Special Places Award
- Improving Health Benefits Award
- Individual Achievement Award
- Kookaburra Aboriginal Award
- Young Kookaburra Award
- Kookaburra Lifetime Achievement Award
- Kookaburra Multicultural Award
Public Choice Award
Following the nominations, all nominees for the Public Choice Award will be promoted on the Parks Victoria website for public votes. The nominee with the most votes will win the Public Choice Award category and will be celebrated at their respective regional ceremony.
All nominees will be invited to a regional event and receive a letter of congratulations for their nomination.
Award winners will be presented with their award at a regional event.
Official Award Presentation events will be held around International Volunteer Day, 5 December 2016.
How to nominate
Nominations are open and we encourage you to nominate yourself, your group or others:
- Review the award categories and key award criteria, select an award category and download the corresponding nomination form below.
- Provide a 100 word summary on key achievement and where appropriate, include relevant media posts, letters and photographs.
- Provide a brief response (up to 150 words) addressing each selection criteria for the nominated category.
Nomination forms (MS word)
12 Aug 2016
All things fishy are being celebrated in Warrnambool this weekend, with marine volunteers across the state gathering at Deakin University for the third Sharing the Love forum. Friends of Merri Marine Sanctuary and Parks Victoria are hosting the event, which celebrates and supports community involvement in Victoria’s marine national parks…