Parks Victoria Kookaburra Awards
Held every second year, the Kookaburra Awards seek to:
- Recognise and honour individuals and groups who have made an outstanding voluntary contribution to Victoria's park system.
- Raise awareness of the extent and importance of community involvement in Victoria's park system.
- Encourage community involvement in the future conservation and use of the park system.
- Conserving Special Places (group)
- Connecting People and Parks (group)
- Providing Benefits Beyond Park Boundaries (group)
- Individual Achievement Kookaburra Award (individual)
Trophies are presented to award winners and all nominees receive a letter of congratulations and a certificate of encouragement for their nomination.
19 Nov 2015
Parks Victoria staff were disappointed to find one of the picnic tables burnt by vandals over the Melbourne Cup weekend in Holey Plains State Park in Gippsland. Parks Victoria’s District Manager Central Gippsland, Helen Dixon said the picnic tables are provided for people to enjoy this lovely bush environment for…