Parks Victoria Kookaburra Awards
Held every second year, the Kookaburra Awards seek to:
- Recognise and honour individuals and groups who have made an outstanding voluntary contribution to Victoria's park system.
- Raise awareness of the extent and importance of community involvement in Victoria's park system.
- Encourage community involvement in the future conservation and use of the park system.
- Conserving Special Places (group)
- Connecting People and Parks (group)
- Providing Benefits Beyond Park Boundaries (group)
- Individual Achievement Kookaburra Award (individual)
Trophies are presented to award winners and all nominees receive a letter of congratulations and a certificate of encouragement for their nomination.
25 May 2015
Nominations for the Parks Victoria Environmental Sustainability Award are open as part of the 2015 Regional Achievement and Community Awards. Do you know anyone who is making a real difference towards helping to protect our planet’s vital resources? Parks Victoria is encouraging people to nominate for the award that acknowledges…
1 May 2015 - 31 May 2015
A wide variety of events are held at Albert Park throughout the year. Events range from fun runs and sporting tournaments to other community events. See the full calendar here.
25 May 2015 8:00am - 28 May 2015 6:00pm
Join Conservation Volunteers and Parks Victoria and make a big difference at Little Desert! You will undertake important research through remote camera monitoring and other hands-on conservation activities. You will also learn about the endangered Mallefowl recovery program and encounter a range of native wildlife species held at the Little…
28 May 2015 5:30pm-10:00pm
Woodlands Historic Park comes to life at dusk with kangaroos, wallabies, possums and other wildlife springing into action.We will be looking out for the Eastern Barred Bandicoots and learning about the program to save them from extinction. We start the evening with a light dinner under the stars before heading…
11 Jun 2015 5:30pm-10:00pm
Evening departure from Melbourne for Woodlands Historic Park, for an exclusive experience led by a Conservation Volunteers Team Leader. We enjoy a light dinner before we learn about the Eastern Barred Bandicoot program under a star-studded sky, on a take a nocturnal spotlight walk through Woodlands Historic Park, and assist…