Parks Victoria runs a work experience program for secondary school students over 15 years of age. The program runs from 15 April to 30 November. We welcome the opportunity to educate students on the work we do and to assist school students in making more informed career choices.
Work experience is an arrangement that exists between schools and Parks Victoria and we ensure that we comply with all relevant legislation when implementing such arrangements.
- For placements between 15 April and 30 August 2018, applications open 1 January 2018 and close on 1 March 2018. Applications are closed.
- For placements between 1 September and 30 November 2018, applications open 1 May 2018 and close on 2 July 2018.
To be eligible:
- You must be over 15 years of age
- Work experience is a requirement of your school studies
- Specific dates of when you want to do work experience are included in your application
- Students must have completed an Occupational Health and Safety program: safe@work or A Job Well Done before they commence and will be requested to provide a certificate of completion.
Please note: Parks Victoria cannot guarantee placements and recommends that students submit work experience applications with other organisations also.
How to apply?
To submit a work experience enquiry, please complete this form (MSWord)
Please refer to this list of work centres (PDF) to help you decide where you would like to do work experience.
We will endeavor to get back to you within approximately 4-6 weeks.