Tenders and notices
Declaration of boating activity exemption - Wakeboard Victoria Round 3 and 5 Events
Thursday 13 December, 2018
DECLARATION OF BOATING ACTIVITY EXEMPTION
Parks Victoria as the declared waterway manager for the Patterson River, upstream of the Nepean Highway Bridge to Eumemmering Creek (including the National Water Sports Centre), makes the following declaration under section 203(3) of the Marine Safety Act 2010 (Vic).
For the purposes of boating activity conducted by Wakeboard Victoria, person and vessels involved in the Wakeboard Victoria Round 3 and 5 Events at the National Water Sports Centre are exempt from the following requirements:
State Rules made under the Marine Act 1988
- Clause 2(a) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 metres of a person in the water – applies to tow vessels and rescue vessels;
- Clause 3(a) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 metres of the waters’ edge – applies to tow vessels and rescue vessels;
- Clause 3(b) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 metres of a fixed or floating structure – applies to tow vessels and rescue vessels.
Subject to the conditions detailed below:
- Masters of rescue vessels are only exempt from items 1 to 3 when undertaking a rescue operation to retrieve persons in distress, provide for their initial medical or other needs and deliver them to a place of safety on shore.
- Masters of tow vessels are only exempt from items 1 and 3 for the duration of the events, and item 2 provided they do not exceed 5 knots within 20 metres of the waters’ edge.
- Competitors and occupants of all vessels used in conjunction with the event must wear a personal flotation device at all times during the event.
- The above exemptions apply from 8:00am to 5:00pm on 16 December 2018 and 3 February 2019, to persons and vessels participating in the Wakeboard Victoria Round 3 and 5 Events on the waters of the National Water Sports Centre, provided the stated safety controls and undertakings detailed in the application form and associated documentation are adhered to.
BY ORDER OF PARKS VICTORIA
Dated: 13 December 2018