Safety and regulations
Change of conditionsAdd change of condition View all changed conditions for Dandenong Valley Parklands
- All the plants and animals in the park are protected. Leave the park as you find it.
- Bins are not provided. Please take your rubbish with you.
- Firearms are not permitted.
- Dogs are permitted in most areas of the Dandenong Valley Parklands, except in the conservation areas and other sign-posted bushland zones.
- Please consider the safety and enjoyment of other park users and wildlife by ensuring that your dog is restrained on a leash at all times.
- Remember to clean up after your dog.
Jells Park has been assessed to have a low level of bushfire risk and the main visitor area (including the café) will remain open on days forecast Code Red Fire Danger.
As an exception, the conservation area behind Jells Lake will be closed for public safety on days forecast Code Red.
- The remainder of the Dandenong Valley Parklands has been assessed to have a high level of bushfire risk and will be closed for public safety on days of Code Red Fire Danger Rating.
- For more information on the location of parks within Bureau of Meteorology forecast districts and closures on days of forecast Code Red Fire Danger Rating, click here.
- Emergency markers points are located in this park to help pinpoint your exact location in the case of an emergency. In an emergency call 000 and quote the emergency marker code. Further information about emergency markers is available here.
- Fires (including barbecues) must not be lit on days of Total Fire Ban. For more information about Total Fire Bans visit the CFA website.