Grampians Peaks Trail project
One of the key attractions for walkers in the Grampians National Park is the Grampians Peaks Trail and the natural and cultural landscapes that it can offer.
In what will become a world-class long distance hiking experience, visitors on the trail will eventually be able to complete a 13-day/12-night walk allowing you to take in the scenery from one end of the Grampians National Park to the other.
The first stage of the Grampians Peaks Trail is already open in the central section of the park, close to Halls Gap.
This stage of the Trail is a three-day/two-night hike that will take you on a loop conveniently starting and finishing at Halls Gap, and via many iconic Grampians’ attractions including Venus Baths, Grand Canyon, The Pinnacle and Mount Rosea.
The remaining sections of the Trail will continue to be simultaneously planned for and built up until late 2020, when the full experience is complete.
If you are after a shorter walking experience, the Grampians Peaks Trail also offers opportunities for a variety of day walks and overnight stay combinations.
- For further information on the Grampians Peaks Trail visit www.grampianspeakstrail.com.au.
- For important information on the Grampians National Park, including road closures and current conditions, visit the park page.
Parks Victoria is working in partnership with Grampians Tourism and Tourism Victoria to deliver the Trail and will continue to seek feedback from local communities and key stakeholders throughout the life of the project.
For detailed information on the project specifications please see the Master Plan below.
Grampians Peaks Trail Master Plan (PDF 16MB)
Salt Creek Trail construction works
Parks Victoria is preparing to upgrade the small flood effected area on the Salt Creek Trail behind the Royal Mail Hotel in Dunkeld. This trail will link with the southern section of the Grampians Peaks Trail, when finished in late 2019. A copy of the proposed trail construction works is available here: Salt Creek Trail Proposed Construction Works.
- Grampians Peak Trail Community Update November 2018
- Grampians Peak Trail Community Update July 2018
- Grampians Peak Trail Community Update March 2018
- Grampians Peak Trail Community Update September 2017
- Grampians Peak Trail Community Update September 2016
- Grampians Peak Trail Community Update June 2016
- Grampians Peak Trail Community Update September 2014
- Grampians Peak Trail Community Update May 2014
- Grampians Peak Trail Community Update August 2013