You are here
Safety and regulations
Change of conditionsAdd change of condition View all changed conditions for Hepburn Regional Park
- All the plants, animals, historic artefacts, and geological features in the park are protected. Leave the park as you find it.
- Bins are not provided. Please take your rubbish with you.
- Light fires only in the fireplaces provided. Learn more about campfire safety.
- Camping is not permitted in picnic areas.
- Horses and bikes are not permitted on walking tracks.
- Vehicles and motorbikes may be used only on roads open to public vehicles. All vehicles must be registered and drivers licensed.
- Dogs must be controlled on a leash at all times. Clean up after your dog.
- Keep to designated tracks as there are mine shafts and tunnels in the park.
- When bushwalking, wear sturdy footwear and carry adequate drinking water.
- This park has been assessed to have a high level of bushfire risk and will be closed for public safety on days of Code Red Fire Danger Rating.
- On days of Code Red Fire Danger parks and forests are not safe places to be. For your own safety, do not enter parks or forests and if you are already there you should leave the night before or early in the morning .
- For more information on the location of parks within Bureau of Meteorology forecast districts and closures on days of forecast Code Red Fire Danger Rating, click here.
- Fires (including barbecues) must not be lit on days of Total Fire Ban. For more information about Total Fire Bans visit the CFA website.