Yarra Ranges National Park
Change of conditionsAdd change of condition
- In October 2018, Parks Victoria will commence repair works at Badger Weir Picnic Ground. After sustaining significant storm damage in October 2016, Badger Weir Picnic Ground has been closed to the public. It has already undergone several stages of site clean-up. It is now closer to being open to park visitors and the local community. For more, read the latest community update (PDF) at Badger Weir Picnic Area, Thursday 4 October, 2018
- Visitors are advised to expect delays along the O’Shannassy Aquaduct Trail between D Road and Mount Donna Buang Road from 4 July whilst fire prevention work is underway. at O'Shannassy Aqueduct Trail, Wednesday 4 July, 2018
- Some roads in the park are subject to seasonal road closures. See Map 26A, Map 26B, Map 26C, Map 26D, and Map 26E for locations of these closures. at Yarra Ranges National Park, Tuesday 5 June, 2018
- The footbridge at Little Peninsula tunnel viewing point is closed until further notice pending essential maintenance work. at Yarra Ranges National Park, Thursday 17 May, 2018
- Lady Talbot Drive is closed due to tree risk and is expected to be open by the Thursday before the Melbourne Cup long weekend on 1 November 2018. at Yarra Ranges National Park, Tuesday 1 May, 2018
Cradling the Yarra River headwaters and much of Melbourne’s water catchment, the park features majestic Mountain Ash trees.
Visit the Rainforest Gallery with its spectacular observation platform and rainforest walkway on the southern slopes of Mount Donna Buang. Enjoy cross-country skiing and tobogganing at Lake Mountain. Drive the world famous Black Spur between Healesville and Narbethong, continue through to Marysville stopping along Lady Talbot Drive to walk through ancient rainforests at the Beeches and view the waterfalls at Keppel and Phantom Falls.
Aboriginal Traditional Owners
Parks Victoria acknowledges the Aboriginal Traditional Owners of Victoria - including its parks and reserves. Through their cultural traditions, Aboriginal people maintain their connection to their ancestral lands and waters. Further information is available from Aboriginal Affairs Victoria AAV and Native Title Services Victoria
There are no upcoming events at this location.See What's On elsewhere. List an event Plan an event
Popular things to do
Rainforest Gallery (Donna Buang) This beautiful site features a 40 metre long observation platform (one of only three of its type in Australia) which…
O'Shannassy Aqueduct Trail Nestled above the floor of the Upper Yarra Valley, O’Shannassy Aqueduct Trail follows the historic open channelled O’Shannassy Aqueduct, meandering…
Dom Dom Saddle Picnic Area Accessibility InformationDom Dom Saddle Picnic area is located on the Black Spur and is accessible from Maroondah Highway.Picnic FacilitiesThere are…