Moorings and berths
Parks Victoria manages multiple mooring grounds and berthing locations throughout Port Phillip and Western Port.
There are different types of moorings, including:
- Annual moorings - Parks Victoria moorings permits on an annual basis.
- Destination moorings - Parks Victoria moorings, intended for short-term (overnight) stays, available on a first-come first-served basis.
- Seasonal moorings - Parks Victoria moorings available for exclusive use between December and April.
To contact a moorings officer, email email@example.com or call Parks Victoria on 13 1963 and ask to be connected to the relevant office:
- For Western Port contact the San Remo office
- For Port Phillip from Portsea to Daveys Bay Mt Eliza contact Rosebud office
- For Port Phillip from Patterson River to Werribee River including Hampton, Sandringham and Williamstown, contact the Williamstown office
- For Port Phillip from south of Werribee River to Queenscliff contact the Queenscliff office.
There are a number of piers and jetties available for temporary berthing. There is a time limit for the use of these facilities, so all users are able to access popular destinations.
All Parks Victoria managed piers and jetties have colour coded signs identifying temporary berthing zones, loading zones, short term zones and permit only zones.
For more information about berths, please contact 13 1963.
There is limited availability of permanent berths at piers and jetties managed by Parks Victoria.
All piers, jetties, harbours, and pile moorings managed by Parks Victoria with permanent berths have expression of interest lists and permits are non-transferrable, except in certain circumstances (sale of commercial business or immediate family in an estate).
If you would like to be placed on this list, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Parks Victoria issues permits for the mooring or berthing of vessels in accordance with the Port Management (Local Ports) Regulations 2015. Regulation 12, 17, 30, 31 and 32 cover the permits for mooring and berthing sites.
The following documents are the set-aside determination for mooring ground set-asides for the Local Port of Port Phillip and the Local Port of Western Port.